A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Friday, January 5, 2007

Food Log | Jan 5, 2007

The Vancouver post will get started tonight, and my photos have been uploaded to my flickr page. Have a peek at the pictures and check back tomorrow!

Unrelated, I am so happy to hear the Premier Fitness ads on the radio again. I missed them last year (I think they didn't run) because they've become such a post-holiday tradition. I know that they might be a tad on the insensitive side, but the guy's voice makes me giggle:

Don't wanna be flabby anymoooooore
Don't wanna be a fat guy
Rubbery, flubbery, blubbery, outta shape dude
Look at me - I'm a pear


breakfast:

  • a bowl of about 1 cup of rolled oats* mixed with some bran buds
  • 2 tbsp ground flax
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • coffee*
lunch:
  • large salad of mixed greens* and 6 leaves of black kale*
  • a reasonable drizzle of Brianna's Poppyseed dressing
  • 1 carrot*
  • 1 avocado*
snack:
  • 1 golden apple*
dinner:
  • At Happy Buddha on Yonge and Eglinton: mock beef with noodles and vegetables, mock kung pao chicken and wontons. I'm not big on mock meat, but this was pretty good.
  • lots of jasmine tea
  • several cookies before we left home. thank gawd they're almost gone.
Vitamins:
  • sublingual B12, folic acid, iron



*organic

Labels:


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photos from BC look "vunderfol" :) Don't you just love that mountainous backdrop?!
I'm so envious that you were in BC but I don't really care for the snow and cold. In fact, I'm liking the fact that we have not had snow in T.O. yet. Snow makes me whine too much about how cold i am and how I can no longer feel my feet even though I have an amazing pair of thermal boots from M.E.C. I get cold very quickly...

5:31 PM, January 05, 2007

 
Blogger Carla said...

That ad sounds hilarious. My radio dial is welded to CBC One, so I've never heard that post-holiday flabby jingle.

5:06 PM, January 09, 2007

 
Blogger Carla said...

(CBC radio has no ads, that's why I don't know the jingles, but I'm sorry I missed that one, what station is it on?)

11:04 AM, January 10, 2007

 
Blogger mishka said...

Sophie - the warmish damp air was one of my favourite parts of Vancouver. If I moved there, the dryness of our winter is one thing I wouldn't miss. And there generally isn't snow in Van... until now, I suppose :)

Carla - the ad is played probably on most commercial stations. We listen to CFNY/Edge102.1 at work and I hear it at least a couple of times a day - the voice is weird and echoey.

The lack of ads and crappy repetitive music is the main reason I listen to CBC radio at home! Well, that and the lively Metro Morning intro music. The boy and I dance to it every morning :)

11:19 AM, January 10, 2007

 
Blogger krissy said...

eeek! i'm so excited that i'm not the only cbc geek who LOVES the metro morning theme! hee hee i always crank the radio up in the car when it comes on! those steel drums get me every time. yay for cbc!

4:05 PM, January 10, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home