A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Friday, December 15, 2006

Inspiration of the day

Lately, I've been having a serious love affair with chandeliers. The shape of spiralling, curling, ornate designs sometimes leave my heart pounding and my lungs breathless. Here are some of images I've bookmarked recently..







The sad thing is that my own chandelier is the cheap looking brass kind, which the superintendant seems really happy with. Oh well. One day I will own my own really gorgeous chandelier and it will be ornate as heck!

Labels: , ,


5 Comments:

Blogger gwern said...

welcome to the chandelier love club! :D i already have two and i've even made one - well, half assed attempt (we won't go there)!
chandeliers=puurty.

12:13 PM, December 15, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I hate the new blogger beta.

this is a test, using the "other" option when I sign in, leaving name and web page blank.

12:17 PM, December 15, 2006

 
Blogger trudi said...

I love chandeliers too! You found some really nice examples.

Good luck with the beta, hope your problems get resolved.

3:13 PM, December 15, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to say that the second chandelier is my favourite. I also like the way the space is set up in that photo and the spumoni ice-cream colours too!
Haven Furnishings on Queen St. has some really nice lighting imported from Morocco and other 'far off lands'. I have been wanting one of those hanging Arabesque ceiling chandeliers for years...

6:54 PM, December 15, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

Oh, i love chandeliers too, especially those old Italian flower ones. So lovely!

7:53 AM, December 20, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home