A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Friday, December 8, 2006

I *am* loved

No, not because I got an awesome early birthday present. That cost a lot. And, for the record, it's also a Christmas gift. But I *am* loved because of why I got such an awesome gift.

Last week I felt bummed out about my artistic abilities. To be honest, I felt a wee bit threatened by the new people at work. As much as I look forward to the creative shift in our work, I started to get nervous that maybe these new people would be way more talented and my stuff would end up just being mediochre. Whether this is reality or not, I know my worry stems from a lack of confidence. I barely draw anymore and find it hard to work in a night of figure drawing like I used to. I'm sure OCAD still has drop-in classes but I haven't made an effort to seek them out. I have these ideas in my head of creative things I want to work on - photo collages mostly - but get worried that I'll suck. Anyhoo, I told my worries to the boy. And as a means of encouragement, he bought me something I've been wanting for a while.


AHHHHHH!!!!

A drawing tablet! Squee!

Now I can do really cool digital painting and drawing and other neato stuff. Like this:

over photo sketch #1

I am so looking forward to spending time playing and painting and drawing and discovering a new creative outlet. PLUS using a stylus requires different muscles and movements, which means less aggravating to my developing CTS. Hooray!

I love my new tablet that was given as a way of encouraging me to develop my skills and creativity and be happy. Thanks, boy *mwah*

Labels: , ,


4 Comments:

Blogger gwern said...

i tried leaving a comment earlier today but i couldn't see the word verification for some reason - no matter how many times i refreshed so i'll just say:

beautiful story.
beautiful drawring.

<3

10:11 PM, December 08, 2006

 
Blogger krissy said...

wow, that is SOOOO cool! that first picture you've done is pretty awesome! love is...having a partner that encourages your artistic talents! big points for "the boy"!!!!

10:58 PM, December 08, 2006

 
Blogger me said...

Awesome picture! =)

Let's hear it for the boy! (sorry, couldn't help myself...)

11:10 PM, December 08, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift. I'm sure it will help you with your creativity rejuvenation. When's your birthday? Mine's the 17th!

1:12 PM, December 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home