A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Monday, December 4, 2006

Skating and historical goodness

the musical fruit


  • Ice skating: the boy, Claire and I took a trip down to Harbourfront to skate for the first time this year. I've discovered that my skates are way too big (I'm a size 7.5... why are my skates a size 9??) which means I get to buy a new pair! Wheee! I'm going to get a pair of men's skates finally - the picks on women's skates are pure death. Of course, they did cause a pretty funny stumble I did yesterday - arms flayling, legs struggling to gain control - which lasted a few seconds. And I didn't even end up falling. Though I wish I had it on video.


3 Comments:

Blogger me said...

I'm much better on figure skates than hockey skates. The toe pick is where the speed comes from. =) I haven't been ice skating in years, but I do love it.

9:42 PM, December 04, 2006

 
Blogger Carla said...

Hey! You're to be taking a break from the news! But at least that's good news about Kensington.

Sounds like a good time. I've always had hockey skates, the picks on figure skates freak me out too because I'm clutzy!

3:42 PM, December 05, 2006

 
Blogger jen said...

i have never ice skated but i wish i knew how because ice hockey looks like a really fun game.

11:56 AM, December 08, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home