A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Indulgent goodnesses


  • Have you seen this stuff? VitaSoy Peppermint Chocolate soymilk? Holy crap. This stuff is good. My local "natural food" store has it on sale and I bought 2 right away - and I'll probably pick up a couple more this week to keep in the cupboard. If there's a better flavour combination than mint and chocolate, I don't know what it is.

    Well, garlic and peanut butter is pretty good...


  • The boy and I have been getting crazy over Dexter. This is one of those shows that I wish I'd waited to watch when they're all on DVD because when each episode ends I. Want. More. Just like with Six Feet Under. And I'm sure Michael C. Hall gets endless questions about SFU and Dexter having similarities.

    It has to be said that this show is not for the faint of heart - there's gore, for sure - but the acting and storylines are addictive. Isn't that right, Trudi? :)
...

Food log - December 6, 2006

I'm trying to keep track of what I eat daily - for both weight loss and health reasons. This'll probably just be interesting to me, but it seems like the best place to maintain my log.

b: 1.5 cups of cold potato garlic soup with mushrooms and baby spinach, 2 tbsp ground flax, 2 coffees

l: 1.5 cups of of chickpeas, 1 cup of leftover brown rice made with mushroom stock

sn: 2 Ryvita crispbreads with 1.5 tbsp of natural peanut butter, coffee

d: 1 bowl of udon noodles, stir-fried broccoli, carrots, ginger, garlic, baked tofu (about 6 thin slices cooked in soy sauce, lime juice and garlic powder), peanut sauce


12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on! I have to admit, I wasn't sure about Dexter at first -because of his..profession, but I've really grown to like it. I think Michael C. Hall is amazing - he can even make a serial killer appealing. It's getting really good now - the next couple of episodes will be very exciting - when is Dexter going to catch on about Rudy - how does Rudy know so much about Dexter? I want answers!

6:07 PM, December 06, 2006

 
Blogger krissy said...

that soy milk flavour looks decadent! thanks for the heads-up...i'm officially on the lookout for it now.

7:19 PM, December 06, 2006

 
Blogger Stacey said...

Yum!
My co-worker had mint hot chocolate on monday and I think that the chocolate peppermint vitasoy could probably be nicely heated into such a concoction. It would also probably make a quick peppermint mocha. The possibilities are endless. This may be the drink of the winter as I can't seem to locate s'nog (silk nog).

7:35 PM, December 06, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

that soymilk does sound good. i'll have to look it up this week for my holiday decorations night on friday! that and some soynog!

9:03 PM, December 06, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! A new drama series that is just as good as SFU?!
Why don't I know about it?
What channel is it on? Day? Time?
I lo-o-ved Six Feet Under...raw, dark, unconventional, deep characters, fantastic acting...I wanted more of that show.
I miss it!
I must admit though, I don't have cable and I seldom watch TV as a result. Which is a good thing, I suppose. Maybe I should just wait until season 1 comes out on DVD...or not! Now I'm all excited. Thanks M!!

11:40 PM, December 06, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. try almond butter (it's better for you than peanut butter) with 2 - 3 garlic cloves and some olive oil, salt, pepper, chili flakes - puree it in a food processor and viola...instant sauce for baked potato, rice, salad, you name it...it's so nutty rich and flavourful and garlicky :)

11:51 PM, December 06, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been purposely avoiding Dexter because I just introduced the girl to SFU and I figured we could make it through that first. Michael C. Hall should be working more- I think he's brilliant...

9:11 AM, December 07, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we don't have vitasoy anywhere in town, and it's giving me fits!! although i heard someone say they ordered it from vegan essentials, which was news to me, so i think i'll have to drive out there if i can (they moved and now they're further away than before, boo).

as for dexter, i REALLY want to watch it but i don't have showtime. i'm dying to see it. i can't wait until it comes out on DVD.

10:23 AM, December 07, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

Ah, Dexter. It has to be said that it is very different from SFU in premise and stories, but it has some of the quirkiness that made SFU so much fun to watch. I highly recommend it. Michael C. Hall is incredible... and it's strange to see him kiss a woman :)

Sophie - thanks for the almond butter idea. I love almond butter but have never thought of using it in a peanut sauce type of thing. I'll give it a try!

Trudi - the suspense is kiiiilling me! Truth be told, I'm kinda hoping Dexter's sister gets it. I dislike her. But I know she won't - she's too necessary. I just don't really enjoy the actor who plays her.

Krissy, Stacey, Vania - hunt down that peppermint soy milk. You'll thank yourself :)

10:26 AM, December 07, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

crosspost with GLLT! I believe it is legal to download TV shows from the intarwebs, TV being public domain and all ;) Or make friends with someone who has Showcase! It's gore-riffic.

10:28 AM, December 07, 2006

 
Blogger jen said...

i heard that show was great! i guess i'm waiting for the dvd.

if you like chocolate and milk you'll like my very favorite winter drink - hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps.

12:00 PM, December 08, 2006

 
Blogger jen said...

d'oh, i meant if you like chocolate and mint.

12:00 PM, December 08, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home