A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Sunday, May 27, 2007


At 34 years old, I still have not learned what my drinking limit is. I also still have not quite figured out that I am no longer able to recover from a night of drinking like when I was in my 20s. As a result, most of my day has been spent in bed or on the couch. Thank goodness for those 8 episodes of Penn & Teller's Bullsh*t and, when I could stomach it, that entire pizza and those 2 cans of ginger ale.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's unfortunate; i hope you feel better...I'm not much of an alcohol drinker other than an occassional glass of white wine - I find red wine too acidic at times - yup, I'm a 37 yr old alcohol wimp!

9:51 PM, May 27, 2007

 
Blogger krissy said...

awwww, i'm soooo sorry! :(

10:25 PM, May 27, 2007

 
Blogger Carla said...

I hope Tetley and Pekoe had cat naps with you while you recovered!

4:57 PM, May 28, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you really make it through 8 episodes of that show?

My husband and I saw part of the environmental one in a hotel once and we were so angry we could see stars.

Perhaps they are not such right-wing corporate sponges in the other episodes? (I've heard good things about the circumcision one.)

5:10 PM, May 28, 2007

 
Blogger mishka said...

it's funny - with every episode we hold our breath. If the show is skewed to our own beliefs, we relax. If it starts to make us angry, we get really angry. And I always get angry at their gratuitous use of female nudity. It has its place, definitely. But it often just becomes objectifying, and that pisses me off.

I don't mind getting so angry with the show - it helps to solidify my own beliefs.

5:19 PM, May 28, 2007

 
Blogger mishka said...

thanks for the sympathy. It's my own stupid fault.

The kitties did cuddle a lot while I was horizontal. At times, too much! When Pekoe wants to cuddle, she won't let you sleep.

5:21 PM, May 28, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home