A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Monday, May 21, 2007

Advice from a stranger

I normally do not get approached by strangers in public. I think I generally have a wall around me that tells people to leave me alone. But yesterday, a cute little Asian woman on the subway decided to ignore my wall to give me all sorts of advice:

"You are very pretty. Be careful when you look for a husband – some men may take advantage of you."

"If you do not find a husband, that is okay. You do not need one."

"When you look for a husband, and you see a man with a large head, tell him 'no thanks'. That way, your baby will have a small head and you will not have to be cut open when you give birth." (I told her the boy has a small head. This pleased her)

"When you are pregnant, the baby's head grows fastest when you are sleeping. So, when you sleep, set your alarm clock to wake you every four hours. Then, get up and have a little something to eat. Then the head will not get so big and you will not have to be cut open to give birth."

"When your husband wants sex, check your pulse. If your pulse is too fast, tell him 'no. my condition is not good.'"

Labels:


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An alternative title for this post could have been "Ancient Chinese Secret"...remember, from that 80's commercial? ;D

12:41 AM, May 22, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, i love that woman.

5:38 PM, May 22, 2007

 
Blogger trudi said...

Cute (:

6:34 PM, May 22, 2007

 
Blogger mishka said...

haha - "How do you get your clothes so clean, Mr. Lee?"

"Ancient Chinese Secret!"

"My husband, some hotshot. Here's his Ancient Chinese Secret - Calgon!"


My last name is "Lee", so I felt a bit of an affinity for that commercial ;)

8:19 AM, May 23, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! I had no idea :)

10:20 AM, May 23, 2007

 
Blogger me said...

Makes me want to use public transportation! Classic.

7:41 PM, May 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home