A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Official Shoe Hussy

New Shoes, already dirty

It is increasingly difficult to find basic vegan Mary Janes. Those of you who know me well, know that I don't venture far from the Mary Jane style, so this lack of availability has been driving me crazy. My cheapo Payless shoes always crack at the sole and the last pair I had were leaking water inside. Not fun in these last chilly days of winter-spring. And the new dainty, small, very flat shoes that are popular these days just don't fly with me.

I sent plea to the Shoe Hussies at VRF, and Devin found me a pair of basic black MJs at Ragazzi Vegan! They are relatively inexpensive ($45 US) so I bought these and a pair of red sandals (they're still at work. photos to follow.). However, Ragazzi Vegan does not have the ability to accept international orders through their website yet and their 1800 phone number was not working when I tried it but, if you write them a very desperate sounding email (actually, I wrote 3. I was determined.) they'll get back to you and take your order. They ship through UPS, so customs is a bit ouchy, but if the shoes last for more than a year, I'm one happy vegan-footed gal. If you do order, keep in mind that the shoes seem to run about 1/2 a size large. I ordered a 7.5 and I probably could have ordered a size 7. Nothing a nice comfy insole can't fix!

Labels:


1 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Mary Janes! I love them too, but now I wear sneakers more often, as you know. So many cute running shoes at Payless.

3:39 PM, April 13, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home