A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Monday, April 9, 2007

Not soon enough for me.

After spending about 6 hours traveling to, waiting for, and being on GO Buses on what was the longest but shortest long weekend I've ever had, I cannot wait until we get our taxes back so we can finally. buy. our. car. already.

We test drove the Honda Fit in Georgetown this weekend (where we were cat sitting the boy's mom's cats. My cats stayed at home... they're self-sufficient), and it was great! Small, comfy yet roomy, peppy and good on gas, we're about 99% certain that we'll be getting the Fit within the next month or so.

Not only was the weekend stupid with buses - traveling from Toronto to Georgetown to Bramalea and back to Toronto, about 126 kms in total - but it was really bad for eating as well. We ate no raw vegetables and ate way too much bread - lasagna, pie, toast, pizza, stir-fry with rice noodles and peanut sauce, more pie, ice cream (vegan for me), even more pie, tortilla chips, salsa, hummus, pita (mom: the pita, chips, salsa and hummus were tasty as heck. thanks!) and more lasagna. And wine and rye & diet pepsi. No salads, very little water, no flax/salba for 3 days. And my body can feel it. As I said to Carla today, last night I was "a lump of grump on the couch" and I blame the lack of fresh vegetables and water. Um, and my period.

So far, my food log for today is almost identical to Friday's.


breakfast:
  • 1 glass of water first thing in the morning
  • 2/3 cup of homemade müsli (with water), 2 tbsp ground flax/salba blend
  • coffee at home* and work
lunch:
  • bento bowl filled with:
    • quinoa* cooked with red lentils and non-fat broth
    • thawed frozen broccoli
    • radish sprouts*, sprouted by me
    • 3 large radishes
    • cucumber slices
    • 1 carrot, shredded*
    • 1 whole avocado
    • 8 olives - a mix of green, black and not-so-black
    • squirt of bottled lemon juice
    • 2 tbsp of the best hummus ever - Sunflower Kitchen Roasted Garlic & Onion
  • water

dinner:
  • Yoga Soup, with only 3 dumplings and no yummy oils (chili oil and sesame oil)
  • 1/2 a green salad (some organic ingredients) with a dollop of hummus. The rest was packed up for Tuesday's lunch.
  • water

*organic

Labels: ,


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, we must be twins separated at birth because I, too, was "a lump and a grump on the couch" all weekend long and I also had my *ahem* visitor, to top it off. And I've been gorging on carbs. I just polished off a bag of East Indian "chevdo" snack...yum!

Yeah, I think it's time for you to get the car. Not that you need anyone to twist your arm :)

8:18 PM, April 09, 2007

 
Blogger Carla said...

Carbs are easy access! Bus stations are way too chaotic on holidays, you'll enjoy the car. It's okay to be a lumpy grump sometimes!

9:08 PM, April 09, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that soup! Yum!

ooh, wee a car!

1:01 PM, April 10, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home