A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Friday, April 6, 2007

Pumpkin Hat

My first baby knit project, I made this hat a few weeks ago for my friend Tara's baby, Vincent. I used a pattern I found on the internet and it knit up really quickly. Definitely a quick satisfaction type of project.

Pumpkin hat - in progress

It looks so teeny tiny, but it stretches really nicely.


Pumpkin hat

Ready to be plucked from the pumpkin patch.


Pumpkin hat - overhead view

Overhead view. I love the texture that the purl columns created - how the knit columns balloon out like a real pumpkin.

Labels:


6 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Lucky bambino. What yarn did you use?

2:52 PM, April 06, 2007

 
Blogger mishka said...

I found this strangely vague "Eco" cotton/acrylic blend yarn at Walmart. There's no company name on it and no info backing up its eco claim. But I liked knitting with it and it came in decent colours. I bought organge, red and a pink/olive mix.

4:02 PM, April 06, 2007

 
Blogger jen said...

adorable!

5:49 PM, April 06, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute! great colour combo

8:16 PM, April 06, 2007

 
Blogger Carla said...

Eco cotton acrylic at Wally's?!Good score, the colours are so rich.

I miss Lewiscraft so much :-(

11:22 AM, April 07, 2007

 
Blogger Steve said...

awww. :)

3:38 PM, April 09, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home