A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Effed ankle, crankiness and Food Log | April 17, 2007

Last night, the plan was to go for a run. But somehow, over the weekend, I effed up my ankle. It feels a bit twisted and it goes away and comes back unpredictably. So, I ended up doing some mat exercises this morning along with some arm strengthening. At the moment, I'm using only 5 lb dumbells but 5 lbs is plenty for my weak office worker arms.

Sunday I went to Claire's for brunch, and had 2 carrot muffins, 2 tea biscuits (from How it all Vegan), veg bacon, a crepe stuffed with fruit, pan-fried potatoes, 2 mimosas and a small amount of popcorn. Later that night, I had a tiny bowl of leftover stirfry with peanut sauce and chips and hummus. A little more raw green would have been good, but I didn't feel I ate too terribly.

I weighed myself yesterday and the past couple of weeks have been better than I thought. I weigh about 147, down from almost 150, which means my ideal weight is only 12 lbs away. At 5'2, 135 lbs has a BMI of 24.7 (just below their almost silly number for being overweight - 25) and is a very reasonable and healthy weight for me. I know people throw around the "big-boned" argument, but I truly am. I have large ankles and wrists and look sickly at 125 lbs. A sickly looking mishka is not a pleasant mishka.

The rainy weather and heavy air is making me a wee cranky. I'm hoping the blahs pass in time for my TVA meeting tonight!


breakfast:

  • spiced chai with soy creamer, coffee at work
  • müsli with 2 strawberries, ground flax and salba
afternoon:
  • salad with romaine lettuce, quinoa*, carrots*, celery, pea sprouts*, hummus, kale
  • water
  • about 10 french fries, leftover from the boy's Taco Bell lunch

snack:
  • sliced mini cucumber and strawberries

dinner:

  • at 5:00: 2 slices of cheeseless pizza
  • green tea
  • 4 hours later: 1 cup of quinoa topped with leftover tomato sauce and nutritional yeast

exercise:

  • morning: 20 minutes of mat exercises, stretching and arm weights

vitamins:
  • b12, b6, calcium, iron



*organic

Labels: ,


3 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Maybe all the post-brunch crafting burned off the carbs. Careful with your ankle.

6:23 PM, April 17, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwhh sisterr..i wasnt mee who messed up your ankle...i hopeee*tear*it was suchhhaaa fun wknd(L)

9:58 PM, April 17, 2007

 
Blogger mishka said...

aw - (L) sistah :)

6:51 PM, April 19, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home