A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Monday, April 3, 2006

Weekend by numbers

1. Stephanie arriving on Friday night. We ordered pizza and started our "24" season 4 blitz. Five episodes in one evening was enough for all three of us.

2. Saturday brunch at Maggie's. Thanks to Carla for suggesting this place, which ended up being way different than what I expected. The service wasn't fabulous and it took at least 20 minutes for us to get any attention from one of the servers, BUT the food was excellent. I had the potato frittatas, which were pretty much just potato pancakes... but damn tasty.

3. Shopping for a cute pink shrug for Steph to wear over her grad dress. This took about 4 hours and browsing in numerous shops from Queen & Bathurst to Yonge & Dundas. Afterwards, we went to Urban Outfitters where I bought her one incredible Lorax t-shirt. This was one of her bedtime story regulars, so buying her the shirt was a huge sentimental gesture. I left wishing they also had shirts for Horton Hears a Who and The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins.

4. 4 Sore feet. We walked so much that Saturday night was spent on the couch with more "24" - 5 more episodes.

5. My iMac Photobooth photos. We experimented with the 16 different filters and effects that come with the Photobooth program and webcam on my new computer. I have not made such weird laughing sounds in such a long time.

6. Fast-forwarding the clocks 1 hour ahead, making for 2 sleepy girls. I also had hair issues so we were almost late meeting Claire for the One of a Kind Show.

7. Meeting my first person from internet-land! Krissy was selling her incredibly fun Rat Girl Goodies, which totally match her personality. She was adorable, full of energy and very, very sweet. Steph had to go back to the booth afterwards because she couldn't stop thinking about the Cupcake pendant necklace. She had to buy it!

8. Beading Inspiration. The show inspired Claire and me to make more necklaces. So we went to Golden Beads on Queen St to buy more supplies.

9. Mega salads at Fresh. And Steph ate a tofu sandwich for the first time... and liked it!

10. Watching the countless number of members of Broken Social Scene accept the award for #1 Best Alternative Album at the Junos. Yay!


8 Comments:

Blogger krissy said...

oh my goodness, it was so great to finally meet you!! i definitely want to get together... let's try to meet up in the next week or two, maybe do some knitting? i've got your email so i'll be in touch soon. just need a bit of time to recover from the show... ps. my email is ratgirlgoodies at hotmail dot com

12:29 AM, April 04, 2006

 
Blogger jen said...

sounds like a fun weekend with your sis.

but my god, 10 hours of 24 in two days! my nerves would be shot!

i love krissy's jewelry. every time she posts a picture of her work i see something i HAVE to have.

7:49 AM, April 04, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

ooh, me too me too! i wanna come with! so many toronto ladies to meet and love. so glad to hear you had fun with your sister. those are adorable pictures.

and i wanted to thank you for all of your sweet comments re: w_r. makes me feel all comfortable and good (when you're in a room full of people you don't know, and you see someone you recognize...feels like that)

are you watching the current season of 24? did you watch last night's episode? craziness...

9:53 AM, April 04, 2006

 
Blogger Carla said...

hey, I went to Maggie's on Saturday too! It was soooo crowded.

Sounds like fun times with your little sister! The Junos were alright, glad BSS got the first alternative album award. Buck 65 was way cool til he put his face in Pamela Anderson's cleavage. I liked Pam's vegan jokes!!

11:45 AM, April 04, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

Krissy - that sounds awesome. Let me know when you're all rested and ready to do some stuff!

Jen (and Michelle) - we're watching season 4 episodes via the boy's computer. It has been stressful, but we'll manage ;) PLUS we don't have to wait through commercials or wait until the next week to see what happens.

Michelle - I am so happy to see your outfits on wardrobe_remix! Thanks for your sweetness too.

Carla - I wonder if we were at Maggie's at the same time! And I missed the vegan jokes since we tuned in late :(

8:53 PM, April 04, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. i've never been to Maggie's (i've heard about the service) but i think i'll have to try it sometime!

11:45 PM, April 04, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

ps i like the new sidebar - and every single band you have up are favourites of mine too - and Mazzy Star rules!

11:46 PM, April 04, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

thanks Vania :) I'm trying to get this blog thing all personalized. I have a design for the banner, but I am seriously thinking about a name change. And it's nice to meet another Mazzy Star fan - they are incredible. Definitely a band I never get sick of.

5:12 PM, April 06, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home