A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mishka's Midweek Munchies

I have vowed to make a point of buying 1 new thing each time I grocery shop, whether it be a fruit, a vegetable or anything else. We went shopping last night (long overdue) and bought only half of what we needed...

for dinner (sloppy joes):
canned tomatoes
red pepper
cremini mushrooms
2 focaccia buns

already had at home:
TVP
Nutritional Yeast
Tomato Paste
garlic, onions, spices
vegetables for a side salad


also purchased:
whole wheat tortillas
Amy's Spinach and Cheese Pizza - for him
Amy's Cheeseless Roasted Vegetable Pizza - for me
Amy's Black Bean and Veg Burrito - for him
Amy's Dairy-free Burrito - for me
refried black beans
4 organic bananas
rice stick
frozen organic green beans
wasabi peas (the new thing)
spaghetti sauce
canned black bean soup
canned veg and pasta soup - for him
Special K with berries - for him
Chocolate Smilk

more Midweek Munchies!


3 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi! Great, Great list!!!

A few questions and comments:

I have been trying to do the one new thing too...sometimes it's more...I find it very interesting...I have learned a lot!

I bought the roasted veggies Amy's Pizza (vegan) last week and have yet to eat it but am very much looking forward to it!

Rice Stic? Tell me more!

I really love Wasabi Peas. It seems more and more stores and brands are doing them. I have never tried doing my own...I should since I have my own dehydrator now! The last few batches of wasabi peas I have tried haven't been as good...I've noticed the ones you get at speciality shops and farmers markets or made from local vendors are usually better! Let me know what you think!

:)

12:05 PM, March 29, 2006

 
Blogger Catherine Weber said...

I have been trying a new thing every week too -- it's usually a vegetable . . . however . . . this week, it was Soy Dream Mocha Almond Fudge!

I'll have to go back to the veggies next week. How are the wasabi peas? I'm not much for ultra-spicy food, but I hear great things about them.

~ Catherine (a fellow Midweek-Muncher)

11:00 PM, March 29, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I loooooove wasabi peas -- woo-eeeeeh! (the sound I make after I've had too many)

9:33 AM, March 30, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home