A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Thursday, March 23, 2006

One a day traditional goodness

/

Is it crazy to want to forget about the sewing machine in favour for good old hand sewing? I love making clothes (though I haven’t done it in a long time) and I like the idea of slow and easy hand sewing, at a relaxing pace. No machinery. Just me, fabric, needle and thread. I am feeling inspired to make my own wardrobe, thanks to Flickr’s Wardrobe Remix so maybe I’ll try something… a skirt… a top… or maybe I’ll just modify something I already own. A bonus: this would be a nice change from the usual knitting I do on the subway. A few sewing supplies wouldn’t take up too much space and I don’t care if people look at me strangely :)


2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

i enjoy hand sewing too, but it takes foreeeeeeeever compared to machine sewing. i guess i'm an instant gratification kind of person, but it's nice to be able to tear through something fast and get it done.

i want to start sewing some clothing too. first i have to make curtains for our dining room.

9:01 AM, March 24, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I like handsewing, but for little things. My next handsewing project will be one of the little flowery things from kokoro no te!

9:40 AM, March 24, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home