A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Night in The Hammer

the boy and the bro.
somehow the camera got set to "landscape",
but the effect is interesting.


Saturday night, the boy, Claire and I drove to Hamilton (a.k.a. to locals "The Hammer") for a fundraiser. The husband of my brother's (Rob) and SIL's (Nina) friend was killed at work in the winter, leaving her to raise their baby on her own. The fundraiser was planned by my SIL and her cousin and the money is going to Crystal and the baby. Overall, they raised $10,000!

To get an idea of what the night was, think of a rowdy Jack and Jill, but minus the whole wedding thing. It was a night of drinking and dancing, raffles, and more drinking.

AND it was a night that the boy met my father's side of the family. My father didn't show up, but the boy met my brother, sister-in-law, a couple of cousins, aunt, uncle, etc. Basically, people I only met a few years ago myself.

me and my "little brother"

We entered the raffle and put our tickets towards the alcohol prize... and we won! When we got it home, we estimated it to be over $200 of various beer, wine, liquers and spirits. Yay!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home