A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Friday, April 7, 2006

Knitting Ninja

The needles for the Spiderweb capelet are quite large - both thick and long. When I pack my backpack in the mornings, my breakfast and lunch* containers are packed first, then my purple Knowknits.com knitting pouch sits on top. Since the needles are so huge, they poke out of the top of my bag. This morning, the boy looked at me on the streetcar, hugging my SnB Nation book, messy high pigtails, long straight skirt and jacket, and told me I looked like a Knitting Ninja.

I'm gonna draw me a picture of a Knitting Ninja one day.


* breakfast usually consists of some sort of cereal (bran buds recently, but can also be uncooked oatmeal) topped with frozen mixed berries, almonds and, sometimes, wheat germ. Today, lunch is a small bowl of brown rice, kidney beans and a mexican-spiced tomato sauce, plus a container filled with lettuces, some prepackaged broccoli coleslaw (sans dressing) and some broccoli sprouts. There's also a small jar of sundried tomato dressing.


3 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

cute! trav always tells me i look like various kinds of spies whenever i wear my long black pleather coat... sexy spy, casual spy, etc.

at least once i was a knitting spy. soooo, what would happen if the knitting ninja faced off against the knitting spy?

1:03 PM, April 07, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

oh, it is so on!

1:06 PM, April 07, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

in college, people referred to aa as the "russian spy" (he was a quiet type and people knew him but didn't KNOW him). i don't know if i'm any type of knitting character, but if there's a rumble, i'm sure to be there! (ooh ooh!)

6:00 PM, April 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home