A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Wednesday, April 5, 2006

April showers make me knit flowers


The colouring is awful in these webcam photos - but I've finished my long black and red scarf. I just need to tidy the loose ends. I've spent my past few commuting trips learning to make black, red and cream coloured flowers, and here they are!



Next up: Spiderweb Capelet from Stitch'n'Bitch Nation. The instructions call for [non-vegan] mohair, but I'm going to try it with cotton. It won't be as soft and delicate, but I think it'll turn out interestingly. Oh, and I'm using RED yarn :roll eyes:


1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Craziness! I was just looking at a capelet in the snb crochet book the other day (i don't crochet yet) and thinking "wasn't there a pattern in snb nation like this? couldn't i just knit it?" so excited to check yours out -- what cotton do you think you'll do?

oh, and "the broad ripple" is this.

I love the flowers! What pattern did you use? I wanted to knit a flower for the "warm hat" that I made (I'm wearing it in the pictures when Jen visited), but then it got warmer and I put the hat aside! Even though it's not the warmest, my head/heart is into spring already. Flowers on a sweet scarf -- better idea. Ay, I wrote too much again.

11:00 AM, April 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home