A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Thursday, February 1, 2007

Peekaboo!

The February issue of Magknits is up. I swear, for the past 2 weeks I've been thinking about knitting myself a pair of mittens similar to convertibles, but have been waiting to finish my arm warmers. Which, at this rate, will be another 2 weeks. Originally, I was thinking about extending the arm warmers past my fingers and creating a closure at the top that would keep the cold out when I was outside but would also let my fingers escape so I could grab my keys, maneuver my Metro Pass, poke someone in the eye, etc. But then I found these:


Mittens with a Peekaboo hole!
Perfect! My one addition will be to make a pocket (that subway knitter is brilliant) to hold my Metro Pass so I don't have to fumble for the card with my bag and wallet at the turnstile anymore. Of course, by the time I get around to finishing these the snow will probably be melted...

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Aw yeah, I'm always fumbling through my pockets and bag too. Nice mittens, so you're going to make them...with what yarn?

3:22 PM, February 04, 2007

 
Blogger vania said...

Thanks for the Magknits update - i think those gloves are a perfect idea!

12:03 PM, February 05, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home