A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Friday, June 9, 2006

Mod-Asana. Finally, a peek!

Modified Asana

I am very close to being done. It always feels a little bittersweet when the end of a knitting project approaches. You spend so much time working on the piece, nurturing it from mere string to dimension object, that it can be hard to let go - even though you look forward to the joy and satisfaction of accomplishment. Okay, so I am getting all emotional over a knitted tube top, but I think you all can understand the sentiment.

This is what I am hoping to end up with, but a little more 3-dimensional.
The tube goes all the way around the top, as opposed to the tabbed back that the original instructions make. I think the original is a neat idea, but I want to wear this top out - not just to a yoga class.

Modified Asana

Here is a longer, and not so pretty, shot of the top, showing the slit in the bottom ribbing. My circular needles are very short, making it difficult to keep track of the stitches when I originally joined the round of the ribbing. I had to rip the stitches twice because both times I realized I was knitting a möbius strip (half the stitches were knitting up, and the other half were knitting down). So, I decided to knit the bottom ribbing flat and join at the bodice, creating a bottom slit. Also, just to jazz things up a bit (oooh, I'm so car-ay-ZAY!) I incorporated random purls within the back 40 stitches to make a bumpy texture.

Oh, that little strip of red on the left side of the photo - that was going to be a drop-stitch tank top that I got bored with, so I am unknitting it and incorporating the yarn into my tube top. I really hate ripping stitches and winding balls!

The scary thing is that I can't try this on while it is attached to the needles, and I have never really taken any sort of measurment. It may end up too big or too small, but I really haven't taken the time to figure out how it will fit!





2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

i hope it fits! something i've seen done, like most recently here is putting it on waste yarn and trying it on. annoying and maybe scary...you seem pretty far along, so maybe just think positive thoughts? i like the looks of it!

4:26 PM, June 09, 2006

 
Blogger Boogie Shoes said...

I am so impressed!! Have just recently taken up knitting...the only things I have made so far though have been hats, scarves, and blankets. The thought of making a top or sweater scares me...

12:40 AM, June 12, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home