A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Saturday, May 20, 2006

I'm overdue.

Due to laziness, I haven't posted too much recently even though things have been going on. So, here it goes...

My oldest friend Trudi visited a couple of weeks ago, and I finally met her husband, Martin. I loved seeing them and wish we could hang out more, despite our dissimilar tastes in movies :wink:

The whole day we were able to spend together, Saturday, was spent mostly on Queen Street West. Brunch at Fressen, shopping for ribbon at Mokuba and paper at... where else? The Paper Place. We even caught a glimpse of Mr. Verg's Theatre of the Absurd at Trinity Belwoods Park.


The next day, sadly, Trudi and Martin had to catch a plane at stupid o'clock a.m. and I think they were probably home by the time I dragged my butt out of bed. Of course, I was dragging it to my first ever clothing swap! Those of you who are also my flickr friends are well aware of clothing swap scores, my favourite of which was a black shrug and a great little reversible bag. Another highlight of that day was bumping into Krissy and her hockey bag o'cast-offs as Claire and I approached swap headquarters.

Last weekend, the boy's sister and future brother-in-law had their Stag&Doe/Jack&Jill/Buck&Doe. There were games being played, whipped cream pies being thrown at the groom-to-be, and tunes being spun. Well, not "spun" exactly - the boy's iPod was hooked up to a bunch of equipment, which really cracked me up that such a tiny thing was hooked up to so many big things.

it's like "Where's Waldo?"

And this weekend is Victoria Day weekend, and we. have. no. plans. Well, no huge plans. I love it. Today, I got up to grocery shop then walked to Kensington Market, which took about 45 minutes. After walking for about 3 hours (and stopping for a sesame tempeh sandwich at Urban Herbivore) I stopped into a shop that sells locally-made crafted items. I hadn't planned on approaching the owner about selling jewellery, but there I found myself... babbling and sniffling from allergies. Feeling like such a dork afterwards, I came home and emailed the owner with photo samples to make up for by bad first impression. Keeping my fingers crossed!

My evening is all free and I plan on leisurely beading, knitting, lounging.... I can't wait to hurry up and start doing nothing.


3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hope your leisurely evening was fun! I love to have heavy plans and then I love having no plans, too. This weekend is a mixture of both for me.

It looks like you and Trudi had a ton of fun! And whipped cream pie throwing(!) That sounds like a crazy time...

9:25 AM, May 21, 2006

 
Blogger trudi said...

Have a great Victoria Day weekend -and thanks again for the great weekend we had! I wish mine was going to be so leisurely..lots of books to make! The clothing swap and Stag/Doe party sound like a lot of fun - I like the little bag you got! Also, good luck with the jewellery thing, I'm sure when she sees your pieces, she'll love them. We saw the Da Vinci Code the other night, if you see it, you will have to let me know what you think...*wink*...

10:24 AM, May 21, 2006

 
Blogger krissy said...

this afternoon i emailed the owner of said store about the 1st anniversary party she's throwing in june. i just checked my email a few minutes ago and she mentioned meeting you today! i've got my fingers crossed that she takes some of your stuff. let me know if you want me to throw in a few good words for you. i'm not sure if it'll help or not but i'm willing to try if you want me to. ps. we should try to get together soon! maybe in the next week or two if you're not too busy? feel free to invite claire too....

11:51 PM, May 21, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home