A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Sunday, April 30, 2006

I am a mean kitty mom.

Life as an indoor cat can't be too exciting. In my old apartment, we had squirrels who would scale the side of the building and hang out on the balconies - there was even a raccoon once. On the TWENTY-NINTH floor. The kitties loved all the animals who would stop by on their daily journeys and it added some excitement to their day. But the new apartment doesn't have the sort of walls that allows critters to climb up. Every so often I'll put out birdseed to attract pigeons and doves, but I worry about how feeding birds during the winter disrupts their natural instinct to fly south in the search of food and warmer weather.


Pekoe, as a tortishell cat, is naturally aggressive. I have to scold
her on a daily basis as she attacks Tetley, who is much more gentle
and timid. I figure that being cooped up in a 1-bedroom apartment all day,
with very little going on outside the windows, doesn't help.

So I harnessed her up and took her outside.

I had to wear a light coloured shirt
since I knew she would shed all over me.


It was very windy outside so there were some bags blowing around,
very loudly. Pekoe was scared and stayed on my lap. She's not used to
wind and kept her eyes closed a lot.


Her ears were flattened for most of the outting as well.


Next trip outside will be in the next couple of days.


5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

is that first pic macro kitty? it looks crazy interesting -- the hair and the whiskers in such sharp detail. neato photo!

12:11 PM, May 01, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

I love how you take your kitty outside too - i take mine out, but not a lot. my sister walks her cat! I just posted, i mean my cat, just posted his story on my blog yesterday too! What a coincidence!

12:52 PM, May 01, 2006

 
Blogger jen said...

it sounds like you are a nice kitty mom to take your kitty outside.

the grass is so green and lush. i'm sure pekoe won't be able to resist it on the next outing.

we screened in our back porch so our cat could sit out there and watch birds and things, but so far he's mostly too scared to go out there!

2:29 PM, May 01, 2006

 
Blogger krissy said...

pekoe is such a cutie! i love the name too. i always get such a chuckle when i see a kitty on a leash.

3:31 PM, May 03, 2006

 
Blogger Harmonia said...

Your cat is beautiful!

8:43 AM, May 04, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home