A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Sunday, April 9, 2006

Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats HO!


The boy has obtained copies of Thundercats and is watching an episode as I type. Anyone else remember watching the show in the mornings before school? Here, it came on right after Carebears. Ugh.

This weekend was so super productive! Claire came over on Saturday to bead (and to visit the cats.) We beaded, ate yummy hummus, and drank chai tea. The work paid off as we ended the get-together with some beautiful work.

I call this one "Citrus Drop."
It is a pendant only, and I plan to partner it up
with a length of ribbon instead of chain.


I've been eyeing these beads for a little while now, and I finally bought them last week. I think they are gorgeous - I love the colours and the flower graphic.




Pendant, to be paired with a ribbon


I'm keeping this one!




This afternoon, we (Claire, Sheena, her nephew Liam, my sister and a friend Marcelle) went to Claire's aunt's home for some afternoon crafting. Aunt Norma, is the Craft Queen. I kid you not. She has an entire apartment full of supplies - mainly for scrapbooking and card-making. I'm not a scrapbooker, so while everyone else worked on their pages, I beaded some more.


Scrapbooking in progress





Superman necklace before...
(mmm... Vanilla Animal Cookies...)



... and after.
(not seen:
Vanilla Animal Cookies in tummy.)


Rosie just watched.


Labels: , ,


8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Gosh, Mishka, everything is so beautiful (especially the 1st and the 3rd pic especially, I think!) And to have so many LOCAL crafty friends (as I now have many far away crafty types) is a special treat. Actually, I do have quite a bit of crafty friends, but they're never in the same room at the same time, I think is what I mean.

9:56 PM, April 09, 2006

 
Blogger DenziL said...

Nice pendants and thats a cute little cat...It does look cho chweet!!!!

4:03 AM, April 10, 2006

 
Blogger Stacey said...

I really like the first one, Citrus Drop, it's so intense.

It does sound like a great weekend, and, you get to watch Thundercats with the boy - bonus!

8:31 AM, April 10, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

thanks guys. I can't wait to build up my stock again. My friend Mike took all of our necklaces to work with him before Christmas... and sold. them. all. He's a salesguy extraordinaire. His sales motto: "EVERYone deserves a fine piece of jewellery." He kills me.

Craft-togethers among my close group of friends are rare. Generally, the only craftsters I get to play with are Claire and, sometimes, her aunt. Another friend of mine does some craftiness, but she doesn't have the patience for time-consuming stuff like beading or knitting. She likes to make quick and easy stuff like soap, gawd love'er. Our one craft-together ended with us just polishing off a bottle or two of wine. Which was just fine with me :)

3:10 PM, April 10, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

what lovely jewellry - those green beads are wonderful! I also love that Hummos---mmmmm, and that cat is adorable. Sounds like you had a great day!

7:56 AM, April 11, 2006

 
Blogger Harmonia said...

I remember the Thundercats!!! Those necklaces are wonderful! Do you sell them on ebay?

2:52 PM, April 11, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

Thanks, Harmonia! I don't sell online at the moment, but I've been thinking seriously about it. Right now, we do more sales through small, private shows.

10:41 AM, April 12, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh the thundercats.....those were the days. :p (except we used to watch the care bears too - heh, boredum)

that citrus drop is beautiful! well, all of it is, really. and super pretty kitty!

10:10 AM, April 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home