A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Oscar the Capelet


I started the capelet at about 8:30 last night, and this is how much I got done - probably almost two thirds. And I got at least another 10 rows done on the subway this morning. I'm a little worried about the stretch so I am knitting as loosely as possible. The pattern calls for a 7 mm circular needle, but I only have a 4.5 mm. So, I doubled the cast on stitches and I am keeping a very loose gauge, in the hopes that I'll actually be able to get it around my shoulders :)

I love the colour too. Very Oscar the Grouch.


4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Ooh, I love oscar the capelet (as I loved Oscar the grouch!)

10:17 AM, March 01, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

Thanks!! I hope it turns out... I eally am worried about the stretch. And it's totally fake material so it's not like I can put it in hot water and then stretch it...

I'll post a decent picture when I'm done ;)

1:14 PM, March 01, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

looks great! if you want some of those tofu pouches, go to Sanko on Queen st w. - they're in the fridge! let me know when you're jewellry sale is, i'd love to come!

1:49 PM, March 01, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

Sanko? Sanka! (*groan*)

Thanks, Vania :) I'll pop in next time I'm in the area. I despise seaweed and those would let me make my own sushi!

And I will definitely keep you posted on the sale - it probably won't be until April now, but I'd be delighted to have you come!

3:33 PM, March 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home