A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Soyatoo!


Me and my Soyatoo, originally uploaded by .mishka..

My good friend Tara and her husband Jean-Paul recently took a trip to Seattle and Portland, and they picked me up a can of Soyatoo Whipped Soy Topping at Food Fight. Tara said she pondered the whipped cream, not remembering if I liked that sort of thing in my pre-vegan days. I loved it. And I'd been pining for it, which she did not know. Now, I have some awesome, fluffy, tasty soy goodness in my grubby hands*

Tara and JP had us over for dinner tonight, and we had tasty tapenade crostini, dragon rice bowls and a yummy dessert of grilled peaches topped with Soma Mayan hot chocolate. I could resist trying out the Soyatoo on dessert. Oh, and Tara made mojitos. probably the best dinner I've had in a long time.

*Well, not really *in* my hands. More like, in a can which I can then spray/blow/propel onto desserts, fruits and straight into my mouth. I've already done the mouth thing. Oh yeah.


5 Comments:

Blogger vania said...

OMG! J was just in Seattle and we had no idea there's soy whip stuff there! i'm so jealous! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

8:44 AM, August 17, 2006

 
Blogger Carla said...

We MUST find a local distributor!

8:44 AM, August 17, 2006

 
Blogger Harmonia said...

Your eyes look neat in this pic. This looks like a product I will have to search for...lol. I will also have to look into Bloglines...thanks!

9:43 AM, August 17, 2006

 
Blogger jen said...

i'm on a huge soy whipped cream kick lately too! i eat on soy delicious with a little bit of chocolate syrup. i aim for a 1:1 ratio of whipped cream to soy delicious.

i get it at my local whole foods (big natural foods chain store). if you have whole foods or something similar, try looking for it there!

2:20 PM, August 17, 2006

 
Blogger krissy said...

oh my...congratulations on such a sweet find! may it top lots of yummy desserts in your future!

10:00 PM, August 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home