A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Friday, August 11, 2006

Outdoorsy goodness



When I first started my blog, I tried to maintain a habit of identifying one good thing each day (thanks for the reminder, Michelle). Somewhere along the way, I fell back into negativity and I think it’s high time I get back to the good stuff. It won’t be every day, but I hope to make an entry each weekday.

Outdoorsy goodness.

This weekend is my uncle’s yearly McIlwrick and Friends family get-together at his home in Wiarton. I didn’t go last year, and apparently it was a really good time. Everyone was on their (read: HIS) best behaviour and there were no “incidents” as there had been in years past.

We haven’t been camping yet this year and I’m looking forward to sleeping outdoors again. My uncle’s property is huge and we all pitch tents on his front yard. It’s only overnight – up on Saturday and home again on Sunday – but the fresh air that is calling my name is going to be so welcomed.

And, I promise, if I see Wiarton Willie, I will free him from his Groundhog Day slavery.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home