A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Thursday, August 10, 2006

Who wants to take me out? Anyone? Anyone...?


I just booked my G2 Exit exam* for the day before my driver's license expires. I can't believe it's already been 5 years. What is frustrating is that I had my full class G license when I was 20, but had it revoked because of those pesky seizures. Trying to get my license back was annoying enough, but then I found out that I had to go through the newly instated graduated licensing system. Grr. Anyhoo, they give you 5 years to complete the various stages and I just have one more test to do. I haven't really driven in the past year and a half, so I am relying on the kindness of Claire to take me out a few times and lend me her car for the test.

Any good vibes sent my way would be repayed with more good vibes!


Countdown to full driver's license: 26 days


*Taken from the Young Drivers of Canada website

During your G road test, you will be tested on your defensive driving skills with a government examiner for 30 minutes behind the wheel. You will be tested on:

  • Proper lane use
  • Proper observation skills
  • Mirror use
  • Blind spot checks
  • Appropriate space management
  • S-approach when left-turning at large intersections
  • Road side stop
  • Freeway driving
  • Parallel parking
  • Proper lane change procedure
  • Defensive driving throughout the test on public streets, roads, and possible highways


3 Comments:

Blogger krissy said...

oooh, good luck! you can do it!!

11:54 AM, August 10, 2006

 
Blogger Harmonia said...

Good luck!!!

I Just wanted to let you know that I have moved my blog to:
http://harmonia.bloggoing.com and will be doing my blogging from there now. I will keep my old blog active for my blogroll, Daily OM, and as a backup. Swing by my new place when you have a minute to say hi! Have a great day!

Have you had much success with te vegan meetup site? jw

12:08 PM, August 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good god, just reading that skeered the crap outta me! but that's because i have such an insane fear of driving. you however, are going to kick some serious ass! you don't even need luck, you'll pass with flying colours! :)

7:16 AM, August 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home