A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Saturday, June 10, 2006

Boo.

I discovered that our guests today were not going to be staying all night, which meant I could go to the Amy Millan concert tonight at The Mod Club afterall! This morning, I checked Ticketmaster's website and it didn't say the show was sold out... Yay!

But, you do see where I am going with this, right?

Got me all dolled up, met up with Mike and Chris, headed over to Little Italy, only to find out the show is "so sold out" (says the bitchy ticket girl at the front door). So, the boys and I said our disappointed good-byes and I hopped on the first streetcar back home, cursing that Ticketmaster website.

Boo.

At least I got a glimpse of the Broken Social Scene boys hanging around outside the door... and I have the BSS/Feist/Bloc Party Olympic Island show to look forward to in a coupla weeks...

*sigh*

Guess I'll go bead. And dye my hair. And await Carla's review of the show...



6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

oh!!
i hope you got to do the other stuff, though! beading and dying could help?! such a pretty and sad picture that is!

11:47 PM, June 10, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

i won't dig it in, but it was a good show. i'm glad you're going to olympic island too - in the chaos, i'll make sure to look for ya! she really is such a lovely person, and has the best stage presence out there!

9:50 PM, June 11, 2006

 
Blogger Stacey said...

Vania's a liar. I know a girl in Toronto who went to that show and she said it sucked. Also, she said there was a fat smelly guy walking around, farting and stinking up the entire place.

10:14 PM, June 11, 2006

 
Blogger Carla said...

Awww, you and kitty look so sad. The pursuit of tickets is such a bummer, makes it hard to be spontaneous.

So did you get a glimpse of Kevin Drew's new haircut? I love it!

9:32 AM, June 12, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

In the spirit of sadness, I dyed my hair black.

Nah, only half of it...

- If I catch up with you on Olympic Island, Vania, I'll bring some salt and vinegar for the wound ;)

- stacey, that killed me. I so appreciate the kind gesture.

- carla, a huge part of me wanted to saunter up to Kevin Drew outside and be a floozy, just to get into the show... *wink* Of course, he is also a damn cutie, so I wouldn't really be faking. I told the boy my possible plans when I got home, and he told me I shoulda. Silly boy.

I'm glad you girls had fun!

9:44 AM, June 12, 2006

 
Blogger jen said...

what guests did you have? sorry you missed the show!

i like hearing about the hot toronto "scene." we have no exciting local rockstars anymore. well, the aging hardcore kids still get excited about sightings of ian mckaye & friends, but as much as i appreciate their music, i'm not going to get starry-eyed over them.

that reminds me, a couple of months ago we were at armand's pizza in silver spring and travis was like "ohmygod, ohmygod, do you know who just walked in!?" the way he was acting i thought it might be jon stewart or steve carrell or someone like that. turns out it was a couple of the folks from jawbox out for pizza with their kid. i would never have recognized them because they looked like every other suburban family out for pizza. but travis was all star-struck. so funny!

i saw !!! last friday and they were super great. nic the singer performed the whole show in a foot cast and still rocked the stage. he's a cutie, i wouldn't mind running into him outside the club.

10:23 AM, June 12, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home