A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Wednesday, March 8, 2006

One a day diversion goodness

/

This morning, I felt like having tea on the way into work. I've been congesty for a few days and I hoped the warmth would help loosen the tightness in my chest. This craving struck me about 5 minutes away from the subway station, so I asked the boy if he would mind taking a few extra minutes to stray from our usual path and pop into Café Next Door so that I could buy something.

It was such a beautiful morning – the kind of day that makes you want to skip work and go walking though the city and through some of the beautiful parks in the immediate area.

Alas, we hurried on to work. Late. And with tea in hand (organic bergamot* green and darjeeling tea to be exact.) But I felt all the better for it.

Maybe today will be a good day.

*I've always pronounced this "buhr-ga-moh", but when I look it up, everything says "buhr-ga-maht". Am I so totally wrong? It sounds so harsh to pronounce the "t".


1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I don't know if I pronounce it right, either (though I rarely find I'm saying it. When I think about it, though, it's with the "t"). Sounds nice to have a tea spot so close to your workaday route -- you should do it again! Hope the congesty feeling is going away...

1:29 PM, March 08, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home