A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Thursday, February 16, 2006

One a day Rawsome goodness

Last night I went to dinner with a good friend who I do not see often enough. I always have a good time when we go out for dinner and we’ve vowed to make it a more regular thing. We have also vowed to try all the vegetarian restaurants in the city.

We have already been to:

1. Fressen
2. Vegetarian Haven (have we gone here together…? I forget)
3. Le Commensal
3. Pulp Kitchen
4. Live Organic Food Bar
5. Juice for Life
6. The Buddhist Vegetarian Kitchen
7. Udupi Palace
8. Cafe 668


Still to visit:

1. Simon’s Wok
2. Annapurna
3. Hey Good Cooking
4. King’s Cafe (I've been here, but we haven't been together)

Last night, we went to Live Organic Food Bar and I wish I had brought my camera! The food was beautiful and pretty tasty. Though I couldn’t bring the boy there for a full meal because he would not be full :) I had never had a “raw” meal before (I mean something other than salad) and it was a great experience. We had salad (or course), paté, lasagne, pizza and a falafel ball - it was a sampler combo. And insanely rich chocolate cake. And the white sangria kicked ass.




Labels:


6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I actually get TOO full at raw food restaurants (this is especially when I eat things with a lot of "nut meat"). I've been to two restaurants on that list, 668 (I remember it being 666 but I guess that was just a joke someone made?) and Le Commensal (I lived in Buffalo for undergrad). Actually, now that I think about it, I think I went to the Le Commensal in Montreal, if there is one. Oh, and Juice for Life. You know, I have the cookbook, Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto that I got there. Yum. I used to really like going to Toronto, though I didn't do it often enough.

11:59 PM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger Carla said...

mmm, I'm getting hungry! I've been to all those except Simon's Wok and Live. Cafe 668 is about my favourite, mmmm vegan pad thai.

10:32 AM, February 17, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

Hey, we go to the same places. I love sharing my city and restaurants with another blogger! I liked Live too, and i absolutely love Cafe 668. King's Cafe, around the corner on Augusta is good too. Hey Good Cooking has fantastic rotis, but my all time favourite is Fressen. Happy eating.

9:46 AM, February 18, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

Yay!

I've heard such great things about Cafe 668... I'm just afraid of such realistic faux meat. But I've heard it's awesome, so I;ll just keep my fingers crossed! Fressen and Juice For Life on Bloor are my favourites by far... I crave their brunches :) BBQ Tofu Rancheros at Fressen, and the Full Beakfast at Juice for Life. Pulp Kitchen's Tofu Omelette is great too, and they're not far from me (I'm on Danforth.) Damn. Hungry now...

:)

10:39 AM, February 18, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

hey, i just went to Annapurna last night, totally by coincidence because friends wanted to go. It was Good - we ordered a vegetarian sampler and it came with 2 curries, some fried goodies, and some other yummy things. and the place itself has a je ne sais quoi about it!

9:38 AM, February 19, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

my boyfriend used to live not too far up Bathurst and I don't know why we never tried Annapurna. Now he lives with me and it'll be a wee bit of a chore to get up there... I'm pretty lazy when it comes to going to places off the subway line :) Glad it was good... craving curries right now...!

11:58 AM, February 19, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home