A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Sunday, February 12, 2006

Things I am avoiding today
















1. Cleaning the apartment
2. Finish designing a "prices" page for the freelance website I'm working on
3. Reading my book
4. Making necklaces
5. Doing the dishes
6. Trying the hummus recipe I have signed up to test
7. Making a salad with the cauliflower and cabbage I bought
8. Brushing the cats
9. Cleaning the kitty litter


What am I doing instead?

1. Watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
2. Updating my blog
3. Hanging around on the internet


4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

mmm... hummus. Once you start it, I'm sure you'll be glad you did. Dishes in my sink, too. I just bought cauliflower yesterday and I'm going to make my sister's husband's famous recipe -- curry and cumin and cilantro and lime cauliflower -- once I get up the motivation. The snow is SO high!

3:31 PM, February 12, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

oh my - curry and cumin and cilantro and lime cauliflower - that sounds awesome! Sounds like it could make a great cold salad too. I'm about to get off my desk-chair-sittin' ass to make the hummus... thanks for the nudge :)

3:40 PM, February 12, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh yeah, I've even had it cold. This is the recipe my sister forwarded to me:
"eric says:
1 head cauliflower--trim and cut into florets, steam it until just
tender

mix up in separate bowl:
3-4 cloves garlic (crushed/minced)
1 tsp coriander powder
1 TBS cumin powder
1 tsp chili powder
juice from 1 lime
1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
1/4 tsp salt
2 TBS olive oil

pour stuff over cooked cauliflower and walla: cauliflower de stein
he's just guessed on the proportions--he does it by feel"

I think I'm going to need to self-nudge myself off of this chair and get off the computer. enjoy the cauliflower, however you end up making it. Cauliflower often gets neglected, but I'm really in the mood for it right about now. Oh, and since I see you like vegweb, check out "pepperpot soup" -- it's what I just ate for dinner.

7:07 PM, February 12, 2006

 
Blogger trudi said...

Sounds like a pretty good Sunday to me! Hope that you enjoyed your lazy day.

Trudi ( :

9:09 AM, February 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home