A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Thursday, February 16, 2006

Lazy Lunch

I’m not sure if this qualifies as a recipe. I always think that a recipe should involve a lot of ingredients, steps and procedures. I threw this together very quickly this morning for lunch and it has turned out to be very tasty!


Cabbage Chickpea Salad

1/3 sliced up green cabbage
1 can of chickpeas
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
couple of dashes of cayenne
1/3 cup of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of dijon mustard

1. Sliced up the cabbage into short shreds
2. Put the cabbage in a glass bowl
3. Squirted the lemon juice onto cabbage
4. Threw in the dijon and spices
5. Added chickpeas
6. Mixed up.

This’ll probably last for a couple of days of lunches and the occasional snacking at work. Next time I may try using sprouted chickpeas so the whole thing will be raw!

Labels:


2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

mmmm, that's a good recipe. i used cabbage for the first time in a long time the other day. i made salad with steamed (then cooled) tempeh and carrots and zucchini and vegenaise and spices. yours sounds totally yummy. I just might buy another cabbage. Sometimes they seem so intimidating, those big cabbages.

2:34 PM, February 16, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

oo... your's sound good too. For some reason, I haven't experimented with tempeh or vegenaise... and I've been vegan for a few years! Perhaps I'll get to it. There is a great sounding tempeh bacon recipe in Vegan with a Vengeance that I'm dying to try!

2:53 PM, February 16, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home