A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Bloody Valentine's Day!



Typically, I do not celebrate today. Well, at least not in the gift-buying way. The tradition that my partner and I have established is:

1. Make dinner together
2. Drink some wine
3. Watch a horror movie :)

This year, we are watching Saw II. Last year it was The Grudge, which scared the pants off us and spurred on creepy mewling whenever one of us wanted to freak out the other. I'm a bit nervous about watching this, but I know it's going to be more gorey than anything... not as much of a story as the first one. Sequels almost always ruin the idea of a movie. At least we'll be tipsy on wine and peanut sauce (with our stir-fry) and the movie may seem better than it really is.


4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

oh I love new ways of celebrating the day of the v!

4:49 PM, February 14, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

Thanks! I also love that it means I don't have to buy a gift to let my partner know I love him :)

9:30 AM, February 15, 2006

 
Blogger jen said...

i'm so jealous of your valentine's day tradition!! as i've said before there are only 3 things i'd change about my mate and one of them is that he won't watch horror movies.

we don't do gifts either. i hate holiday/birthday gifts, whether giving or receiving. i only like spontaneous gifts.

11:59 AM, February 15, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should Shimizu's other films like the original Ju-on or Marebito (Stranger From Afar) ...you can guess who i am from the time that we met - i was 14 and you were 15.

1:22 PM, February 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home