A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Monday, February 13, 2006

Chickpeas, chickpeas, everywhere!

I tried 2 new recipes this weekend, from a soon-to-be published vegan cookbook that I signed up to test. The first one was a soup. Very tasty. A more complex and tastier version of my good ole stand-by: chickpeas and canned tomatoes. The second was an interesting hummus. As a rule, I despise olives, but since I like tapenade, I thought I’d give’er a go. Good. Garlicky. Not too olivey. The directions were definitely different from any other hummus recipe I’ve tried. Probably shouldn’t write too much else since the recipes are hush-hush. Both may make their way into rotation.


2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Is it going to be a chickpea cookbook? That would be fun!

6:40 PM, February 13, 2006

 
Blogger mishka said...

you are brilliant! A chickpea cookbook! I'm going to have to put on together for myself... :D Nah, this one is a general vegan one... lots of Indian and Indian-inspired recipes. I just happened to choose the chickpea ones ;)

9:28 AM, February 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home