A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Thursday, November 8, 2007

I pledge...

See that little button in the sidebar? The one that says "I took the handmade pledge"? This Christmas, I plan to do just that – maybe not for all the gifts I give, but as much as I possibly can. Why? Well, to borrow some text from Handmade.org:

Buying handmade is better for people, better for the environment, and better for giving truly special and well-crafted gifts. The ascendancy of chain store culture and global manufacturing has left us all dressing, furnishing, and decorating alike. The connection between producer and consumer has been lost. Buying handmade helps them reconnect.

We encourage all consumers to be aware of the social and environmental implications of their purchases.



Take a look over here, and maybe take the pledge yourself!


1 Comments:

Blogger vania said...

I love that things like this exist - thanks for posting about it. I think i'll make my way there later today and take the pledge too - if i'm not making the presents, someone else will!

8:17 AM, November 09, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home