A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Ring

No, I don't mean the American remake of the Japanese horror film Ringu, though the horror film title is very appropriate for this blog post on Halloween. I'm talking about the ring I made this evening at my jewellery class.

We made sterling silver bands – sawed, hammered, texturized, annealed, and soldered bands of our very own. I pressed mine with some lace and antiqued it, giving it great texture. After all that, I have to say that I'm not crazy in love with the final result. If I were to choose a ring for myself, I would choose something much simpler with less detail, but I love playing with the different techniques. Besides, I'll probably still wear the ring every day because I made it with my own two hands, plus I stamped a little hidden symbol of love into it. Can you see it?

The Ring

Labels:


3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Wicked cool stuff! I love the texturing on the outside.

9:31 AM, November 01, 2007

 
Blogger softspoken said...

i'm so impressed with yr new skills! this is lovely.

11:32 AM, November 01, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous. i can't believe you made it yourself...you're a solder goddess.

8:09 PM, November 01, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home