A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Sunday, August 12, 2007

Vegan Pal 2 Q+A

The second Vegan Pal Swap is on! This time, it is a Vegal Pal Magic Yarn Ball swap. I've never done a Magic Yarn Ball, so this will definitely be something new.

My answers!
  1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
    I've been knitting for 2 years, beading for about 5 years and sewing off and on for a long time.

  2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
    Vegan

  3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
    I've done a few swaps in the past 2 years. For me, the best part of doing a swap is trying to match items with my partner's personality. And getting the notice in the mail that my package is waiting for me at the post office!

  4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
    Earthy greens and reds, black, and jewel tones. Nothing too bright.

  5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
    Nothing - lucky me!

  6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
    I live with 2 cats - Tetley and Pekoe

  7. Do you collect anything?
    Other than yarn, beads and fabric, I like creepy-cute things :) Which is perfect for a Halloween swap!

  8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
    I like most kinds of salty snacks, and I'm not a big sweets person. I love black licorice and dislike red licorice. I love chickpeas and chickpea nuts. Mints are always awesome, and I like to chew gum.

  9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
    Salty, spicy, not too sweet. I love curries and savoury foods, and don't often eat dessert food. Unless it's pie. I love pie.

  10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
    I really need a jeweller's file to smooth wire edges, and I don't own a needle gauge. A small tape measure would be handy and I recently lost my fold away scissors that used to live in my knitting bag. Beads and findings are always welcome! I don't really have "too much" of anything!

  11. Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
    Not yet. I am #23847 on the list.

  12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
    Nothing that probably can't be found in my blog. If I think of something, I'll update!

  13. What scents do you like/dislike?
    I love vanilla, jasmine, lavender, citrus and berry. I also love incensey scents. Not big on rose or very sweet smells.

  14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
    I like both fall and Halloween! I feel like the two go almost hand-in-hand :)

  15. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
    For a couple of years, my mom, sister and others used to go apple picking before going to my Grammie's for Thanksgiving. Canadian Thanksgiving is in October, right at the height of apple season, and picking our own was such a wonderful way to celebrate fall. This year, we have a car and should be able to continue with the tradition since it requires driving :)

    Another story: Also for a couple of years, we used to go camping on Thanksgiving weekend. It's always fresh and crisp and the parks are pretty quiet. It seemed like the perfect thing to do since I find myself becoming less tolerant of the traditional turkey dinner served on Thanksgiving. That was also a great way to celebrate fall and I'd love to do it again in the next couple of years.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, apple picking. My grandparents used the have an orchard, that brings back memories... Thanks for joining the swap!

10:27 PM, August 13, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camping on Halloween would be fun. I use to always camp on New Years Eve in the desert of Utah. Nobody was around for miles!

coleman packaway kitchen

6:15 PM, October 08, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home