A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Sunday, October 8, 2006

Vegan Pal!


For my first blogoswap, I'll be participating in the Vegan Pal Swap lead by Sarah and Desirée.

My answers!

1.) What is your craft, & how long have you been doing it?
  • Beading - I make beaded jewellery like necklaces, earrings and pendants
    almost 3 years
  • Knitting
    just over 1 year
  • Sewing
    off and on for many years, though I'm not very good

2.) Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?

Vegan


3.) What is your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike a color(s)?

I like earthy colours - reds, olive greens, dark oranges, browns - and black

I am not fond of light or pastel colours, though I do like muted pinks


4.) Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods or cigarette smoke)?

I've been blessed with no allergies, except hayfever.


5.) Do you have any companion animals? If so, names and types?

I have 2 cats who shed. A lot.


6.) Do you collect anything?

vegan cookbooks, craft books, mini living dead dolls, Tim Burton items


7.) Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)

I like limited amounts of sweets, preferring more salty/savoury foods.
Coffee is one of my vices and I am addicted to chickpeas.
For chocolate, the darker and more bitter, the better.
Peanut butter is also high on my "likes" list.


8.) What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)

Wish:
  • circular needles (I have only 1 set of 4.5 mm - 16 inch circulars)
  • pretty bamboo needles
  • stitch holders
  • crimping pliers for beading
  • pretty glass or crystal beads
  • Bali-style findings
  • pretty yarn
  • ribbon, any size

Anti-wish:
  • seed beads
  • stitch markers
  • stiff cotton yarn
  • base metal findings (eye pins, head pins, rings, etc)


9.) What type of handmade item would tickle your fancy? What don't you like? (Keep in mind this swap is open to all types of crafters.)

I would be really happy with with just about anything! But since I should probably be specific:
cell phone pouch (knit or sewn), earrings or necklace (based on my favourite colours), wrist warmers, wrist cuff, ear warmer, ankle socks, paper cards, paper book, photo album,


10.) Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?

I'm sure there's stuff that I could say, but I'm not sure what at the moment. Umm... I *think* I have a pretty good sense of humour and I'm dangerously close to being a cat lady. How's that? :)


For reference, the Vegan Pal Swap details are:
Basic rule: Everything must be vegan and we mean EVERYTHING. For the purposes of this swap, vegan is defined as "no animal products". This includes recycled yarn. To expand, no wool, alpaca, mohair, cashmere, angora, silk, leather, suede, fur, ivory, bone (I hear there are bone needles out there). Did I forget any animal fibers? Let me know!
Also, no meat, dairy, eggs, honey, beeswax, lanolin, gelatin (important when shopping for candies), casein, whey, albumen, urea, tallow, lard, confectioner's glaze, carmine or cochineal.

You'll be sending your partner (at least):

1 handmade item

1 tool/supply for her/his craft

1 item to eat

and

1 card/letter/postcard (not blank; with content from you)

The point is to learn about or share veganism and make new friends! The price range is $25-30, not including shipping, and this swap is open to all (international or not) who will follow the basic rule: everything sent must be vegan!


2 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

Awesome post! I loved reading it! Thanks for those links...I think I will visit them! Hope you had a nice weekend!

10:19 AM, October 09, 2006

 
Blogger vania said...

I liked reading it too. I just posted about mine list too, and yours gave me some ideas!

11:14 PM, October 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home