A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Thursday, August 24, 2006

Beady goodness


After a couple of weeks of not crafting, I pulled out my beads last night and made a pendant, a pair of earrings to sell, and a necklace and a pair of earrings for me. It felt good to bead again, but my set-up is so not ideal – on the couch, hunched over boxes upon boxes of beads which are strewn every which way, working on a TV table.

But, this post is supposed to be about good things, so I’ll just instead dream of my future craft room in my future home that exists somewhere out there. In this room, there will be a desk and cupboards and drawers where my beads will have a real home of their own.

The post photo, by the way, is a photo I took for my threaded glass blog banner (try saying that out loud 5 times fast.) They are a selection of beads I picked up on Queen Street in Toronto and I love them so much that I'm afraid to make anything with them.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about!

Most bead craftsters begin their work on the sofa in front of the TV, myself included.

Then one day you will "upgrade" into another room in the house, perhaps the basement or the attic. The former will be cold and dank, the latter stuffy and hot, than the rest of the house.

Unless you (generally speaking) choose an out of house location like a shared studio space at the "Distillery" or at "Made you Look", you will keep re-located your "home-based studio space".

I've gone from working at the kitchen table, to the living room sofa, to the dank basement, back upstairs to the living room floor on a blanket - "a la picnic style".

I'm getting pretty good at spotting lost beads on the floor too. It comes with the territory :)

3:15 PM, August 24, 2006

 
Blogger trudi said...

These beads are beautiful! I think that you should just go for it and make something - I'm sure it will turn out real nice. I saw a demo here in NS of someone here in NS making similar beads on a torch like this - http://store.allstainedglass.com/hhebetoheac.html. It looked like a lot of fun, but maybe you should wait until you have your studio before you start playing with fire!

8:28 PM, August 24, 2006

 
Blogger krissy said...

those beads are gorgeous! i can see why you are afraid to use them. i am so guilty of "hoarding" craft supplies for this exact reason as well. such a baaaad habit!

8:55 PM, August 24, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look so cool! Remind me, I want to commission some stuff from you this fall. :)

11:16 AM, August 25, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum- they look like candies-
:)

i cannot WAIT to check out "things are good"- i found one called the good news or some such thing- such a pleasure to read good stuff for a change!

2:59 PM, August 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home