A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Friday, May 23, 2008

Spreading the news.

Vegan bloggers all over the place are posting about Oprah's 21-Day Cleanse diet, so I thought I'd jump right in and help pass along the story. For 21 days, Oprah is going vegan (and wheat-free, caffeine-free and a buncha other -frees) and is posting about her experiences on her website. Some people are talking about how this is the best thing to happen to veganism - sure, the publicity is great, and the awareness it brings to the health and ethics aspects of veganism is awesome - but I'll wait to see how the next 3 weeks go before getting too excited.


3 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Wade said...

I agree that we should wait and see how it goes for her, but even if a fraction of her viewers go vegan for 21 days that can make a big difference. I think this, the move toward greener lifestyles, and the new life Skinny Bitch got thanks to Posh Spice are the best things to happen to veganism, ever.

2:05 PM, May 23, 2008

 
Blogger mishka said...

You're probably right. I'm just a cranky, pessimistic nay-sayer :)

2:40 PM, May 23, 2008

 
Blogger Jeannie said...

I am also so skeptical about Oprah, but if it were my own mom or sister who wanted to try a 3-week vegan cleanse, I would be kind of excited and very supportive. So I've been trying to be more cautiously optimistic about this whole Oprah thing. It's hard though!

3:02 PM, May 23, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home