A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Monday, May 12, 2008

Damn these sleeves.

I never apologize for my ethics anymore. I finally got over doing that about four years ago. I try not to refer to my veganism as a "pain in the ass" to people who offer to have us over for dinner, and I certainly do not excuse the food I make for people when they come to our home to eat. But there are times when I wish that sometimes – just sometimes – my ethics would not get in the way. Even when the discussion going on around me is one I vehemently oppose, I wish that my veganism and animal rights views could remain tucked away and kept to myself, especially in workplace settings. But, when you wear your heart on your sleeve, remaining quiet or keeping to yourself during those discussions is rare and the discussion always ends up revolved around your beliefs - at least for a short time. And then you're the reluctant centre of attention again, even when all you want is to crawl into a hole and surround yourself with nothing.


2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

I can totally relate. :-|

5:06 PM, May 12, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please explain further - if you can - you have peaked my curiosity!

sara

5:07 PM, May 13, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home