A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Thursday, May 22, 2008

How do you recycle your teenage years?


05-21-08
Originally uploaded by offshoot

Over the years, I have whittled down my cassette collection. I have tossed all the mixed tapes and kept most of the professionally produced ones. Now, I am ready to move on, but I'm having trouble finding recycling facilities for cassette tapes in Ontario, which means I may have to ship them to the US. I guess eBay is another option for some of these babies, but most really just need to be put out of their misery.

Some of these I have had since I was 12 or 13. My youth is dying every day.



4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

That's a tough one. When we moved out here, I had to face the reality that I just didn't listen to all those tapes I loved in high school anymore. I ended up freecycling most of the professional ones, and keeping the mixes. They'll eventually go into the recycling, I'm sure, but I feel like I put too much effort into them to get rid of them just yet!

When it comes time to get rid of cd's, I will cry copious tears.

10:20 AM, May 22, 2008

 
Blogger mishka said...

All my mixed tapes were given to me by people I don't like anymore, so I was perfectly fine tossing those :) It was actually quite therapeutic.

Freecycling is another good option - thanks!

But, did you see the Sloan Peppermint EP?? *sigh*

10:40 AM, May 22, 2008

 
Blogger Carla said...

Sonic Boom sells used cassettes, so they probably will buy them from you.

7:05 PM, May 22, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, I was just browsing through your blog. I have a suggestion, why don't you put them in a box outside your home with a sign that says "Free"...somebody is bound to come by and take some or all. I see this happening in my neighbourhood often.

Lia

5:54 PM, June 04, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home