A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Saturday, February 16, 2008

Here we g(r)o(w) again.

The pigeon traffic has been busy on the balcony today. I figured it's just because it is daytime, a time I normally don't see at home since I'm usually at work - figured that pigeon traffic is normal daytime stuff. Then I saw a pigeon jump down to the floor of the balcony with a twig in its beak.

Oh no.

I put on shoes and stepped onto the balcony. The amount of bird poo (specifically the, um, liquidy kind) looked all too familar. A few more careful steps towards the pot in the far corner... two birds frantically flying away from the scene... and there it was...

Here we g(r)o(w) again.

Two eggs sitting atop the petrified poo from the fall. I'm actually not all that excited this time, knowing how much of a mess these little guys create. But, I'll tough it out one more time, then remove the pot from the balcony.

Who knew pigeons laid eggs in the dead of winter?!

Labels:


5 Comments:

Blogger jodi said...

How can they just leave the little dudes sitting out like that? Don't the eggs have to stay body temperature or something?

1:40 PM, February 16, 2008

 
Blogger mishka said...

They fly away when we open the door. Not a problem - I discovered last time this happened that they fly right back again.

7:56 PM, February 16, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wouldn't be to excited about the second coming either...I LOVE animals of all kinds but pigeons are my least favourite..I find them pesky and dirty.

11:51 PM, February 16, 2008

 
Blogger j. wilson said...

aw, pigeons are creatures of habit and will prolly lay their eggs there forever! it's still pretty nifty if not as exciting...;)

9:36 PM, March 05, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i for one am totally excited! make sure to take lots of baby pidge photos.

:)

2:18 AM, March 12, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home