A Toronto vegan blabs on about crafting, food, and her life in general.


Sunday, January 20, 2008

Left Feet's 1st Annual Vegan Chili Cook-off

Am I wrong in assuming that most vegans believe they have a really kick ass chili recipe? My chili, in my opinion, is truly kick ass.

Of course, I may be completely humbled next weekend when I enter Left Feet's 1st Annual Vegan Chili Cook-off being held in Kensington Market on Saturday January 26th, 2008 from 2 – 6 pm. Yesterday, I stopped by Left Feet, submitted my entry form and payment to the lovely Natalie of Heart on Your Sleeve, wondering for the rest of the day if my chili really can stand up to the recipes of local veg establishments like Sadie's Diner and Urban Herbivore, or veg-friendly Magic Oven. Not to mention the other single entrants I'll be up against.

But, win or lose, I am really looking forward to being a part of such a great event. The winner will be chosen by a panel of tasters. All you need to do to be a taster is to pay a $5 fee, try each and every chili and cast a vote. That's it. All proceeds are going towards Toronto homeless outreach. If you're in the area, like chili and want to support a great cause, please stop by. The organisers are supplying eco-friendly bowls, utensils and cornbread so you have no excuse. The event is being held outdoors, so also make sure to wear something warm!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there
i love your crafts!
i am planning a concert/bake sale/craft sale in support of the farm sanctuary at the tranzac in may.
would you be interested in being involved?

email me at harmonysarah@yahoo.com if this sounds good to you, and let me know if you have any leads on other vegan crafters or bakers who may want to get involved.

12:32 PM, January 21, 2008

 
Blogger krissy said...

hey, good to see you blogging again! i've missed reading what you've been up to!

good luck with the chili cook-off. sounds like a whole lotta fun! chili is one of my favourite things to cook.

4:35 PM, January 21, 2008

 
Blogger Steve said...

I actually think my chili recipe is fair to middling- but it's definitely a work in progress that will eventually knock socks off. But I have no doubt that yours is, in fact, kick ass. Good luck!

9:53 PM, January 21, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chaifae,
I posted the info about the Vegan Chili Cookoff on Couchsurfing.com in the Toronto Group. I hope it helps bring more tasters and increases the proceeds.
Good luck!

8:21 PM, January 22, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home